Thursday, March 20, 2008

Scam Alert:

Today, I want to tell you about Mega Typing a.k.a. Tying For Dollars.It's an internet company that will send you an email that states that for $47.00 you can receive information on how to begin your own business, making an income from home, typing information for companies. That information mostly is ads and such. The information packet they have for the $47.00 will tell you how to do everything and who to contact and what information is needed in your ads etc. Depending on how fast you get depends on how much money you will be able to earn in the long run. Well, that sound pretty logical doesn't it. Doesn't sound like those others out there that promise thousands per month. So I sent off my hard earned money.

What I got was not what they described. It was just information that said to go open a zoofer account. Then it told me to open an adsense and clickbank account and the how-to's on those. Then in directed me to another site to open a blog account. Then it later stated that there were opportunities in typing available for making money such as typing ads for companies, however they didn't have the time to go into the details here for that. What???? That was what I paid for -- that particular information -- and they weren't going to go into the details.

Well, they did say there was a thirty day money back guarantee. So I contacted them 48 hrs after receiving the information that I had purchased (which is done over the internet). I received an email stating the following:

Customer Service wrote: On Feb. 5,2008
Hello Pamela,

I have asked our accounting department to send you a check in the amount of $47.00. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.


I believed them that the refund check was in the mail until after three weeks and I still hadn't received it. Then I wrote them again, this time they never responded and I have continued to write them every single week since then and still no response. Still NO Refund Check!

Do NOT waste your money with these people. It's not worth even spending five dollars on what they sent me. It might have been worth three dollars maybe at the very most. And I'm being generous. I just don't want to see anyone else taken advantage of as I have obviously been. Since I don't seem to be getting my refund I will be notifying as many people as possible about these people and their scam. I also wrote them again today telling them what I was doing. I do hope that this may save someone from throwing away their hard earned money on a company that is less than reputable. A company that doesn't stand behind their 30 day money back guarantee. I've never had problems in the past with companies giving me refunds, the few times I didn't like a product, but this company has been a non-compliance with their guarantee so far. It certainly looks like they have no intention of returning my money, not after seven weeks. Even though I had asked within 48 hrs of receiving their product and finding it was not what they advertised it to be.

No comments: