Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Craft Donations Needed For Autism:

I am all for giving Autism a helping hand and will be sending some knitted items to this benefit. Therefore, I offered to post the information about the need for donation for the raffle on my website. It is a great cause, as Autism is affecting many of our children each year. If you are someone who is a crafter please consider giving to this worthwhile event. If not, maybe you will be willing to buy some of the items that will be listed in the story ( I will post that information when the time comes). pamel


Autism Awareness Project
My 24 yr old nephew is trying to raise Autism awareness by doing a yearly drag race benefit (he's already got most of the approvals) and the first awareness race is scheduled for late next month. Brian is now working on getting the necessary permits and approvals to hold a raffle at the event(s) and I have agreed to help him get donations of homemade items for the raffle (I’m I crazy or what? J ). Even if he can't get the permits/authorization for this year’s race, Brian shouldn’t have any problems for the following year’s race. For the smaller items that might not be suitable for the raffle or if Brian isn’t able to get the necessary approvals in time, all items will be sold in my Etsy store with 100% going to the Autism Foundation.

How can you help?

This looks like it’s going to be an ongoing project so donations of any finished homemade goodies will be greatly appreciated. If you would like to donate to this great cause please let me know. I can be emailed at Bnewns@csudh.edu

Thanks…
Bea

No comments: