Thursday, February 21, 2008

Why I Write:

Life's Journey of Writing

I began writing at the age of nine years old. Fascinated by authors who caught my very attention with their words that transported me to other worlds and realms of fantasy and dreams. My ways to escape the hum-drums of life. I fantasize that someday my words that I write upon pages may also transport someone else to the same depths of desire to escape their hum-drums of existence. Realizing these escapes are only momentarily is enough to allow any writer to continue to want to write for the public for entertainment. However, I don't just write for the public I also write for myself, to leave my impression upon this earth that I was in existence here. It's our own way to express our own emotions that need a release too.

Writing to me is my way to explore my dreams and fantasies. It's my way to escape the humdrum and harsh reality that life sometimes throws our way. Life has it's ups and it's downs, it's reasons to smile and frown. We often have harsh realities to face like the sudden death of loved ones or heartbreak. Therefore, writing is the way I can pour out my feelings from deep within my soul. All the pain I suffer along with the heartbreak of love I write into a poem, letter, memoir, journal, article, a short story or song. In this way I can help either ease these pains or honor the person whom has passed on who I will miss with such a heavy heart. The pain of a broken heart can be eased in a similar way also by putting that pain into poetry or a song which sometimes can make it an exceptional piece. Maybe, the relationship didn't work out however something still can come out of it, after all, I find out by writing it out.

Life needs to be written down. We are all on our journey in life and we should write about each of our individual journey's including our ups and downs. Our pains, our joys and our experiences are richly deserving to be written about. Such as the joy of marriage, love, the birth of a child, the very moment you knew how you felt about that special person. Yes, life needs to be written about, it's the grandest of all stories that needs to be told. So I write all I can about nature, life as it happens, all the joys and the pains. My dreams and my fantasies. When my children were younger I enjoyed creating bedtime stories for them, these gave them fantasies in which to build their dreams upon. They were also good material for the foundation of many writings for children.

Writing is an escape from a bad or boring moment and puts one into another realm of existence which can be tantalizingly exciting if you write it to be. As a freelance writer I enjoy being able to express myself through writing. I write about my journey and all the exciting places I have been and what I have done. I shall continue through my journey of life, and I will continue to write about it all as I do. After all, even on our headstones there is always something, in the end there, that is always written. What is it you want to leave behind to be remembered by? What do you want written on your headstone? I want "here lie a writer of life."

For an additional way to write click here

No comments: