Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Shopping On A Budget:

DON'T BE A FAD SHOPPER, BE A CLEARANCE SHOPPER

I don't shop for fads or on the current racks. I am a definite bargain shopper especially when it comes to buying clothes, even at the malls. You don't have to spend a lot to look like you did. You can get those same clothes your friends are wearing right now if you just wait till the end of the season and they are on the bargain racks. I have bought, at the mall, an unblemished pair of black leather pants that were originally priced at two hundred dollars for a mere twenty five dollars. Also at an entirely different mall, in a different city, a few months earlier I had bought a black leather jacket, in brand-new condition too, originally priced at two hundred and twenty five dollars for only twenty dollars. Many times I have bought skirts at end of season clearance for anywhere from sixty cents (yes cents) up to five dollars. I am talking about jean, suede, silk, cotton, and satin skirts of all styles from mini to long.

I accent my clothes with hats, belts and scarves to add my own personality. It makes the look uniquely mine and updates it from the previous seasonal fad that my friends and everyone else was just wearing. I get many compliments from a lot of people on what I wear. Being you and being unique and not worrying about fads or the latest fashion. It is making your own statement, and you can do it all by saving money and still buying new clothes. I enjoy the savings knowing I bought that leather jacket for only twenty dollars which others paid two hundred and twenty five dollars. Imagine, you telling your friends or spouse how you just saved two hundred and five dollars on buying a leather jacket. My husband brags, all the time, how thrifty I am such and a great bargain shopper. He knows when I go to the mall I hardly ever will pay full price for clothes, the few times have been for pantyhose for a wedding or something of that sort. Remember don't be a fad shopper be a clearance shopper. Most of all have fun looking for your new treasures, I do.

No comments: