Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Knitting Corner: Sleeveless Top

I love to knit. I find it "mostly relaxing." There are moments when I can get frustrated. It is then that my hubby goes and hides in the bedroom-LOL. It also keeps my mind sharp, most times from the "fibro fog" I experience from Fibromyalgia. Also, I find it keeps my fingers nimble, helping with the fibromyalgia (once again).

The sleeveless top below I knit for my Grand-daughter's 12th birthday. I combined a series of three yarns to come up with the effect. It was knit on a size 15 needles so it knit up quickly. I found the pattern in the book "Hip To Knit" by Judith L. Swartz. It is the "No Sleeves Funnel Top" on pages 48-51. You can knit a single-strand version with a chunky yarn or a multi-strand version with three differing strands of yarn-which is what I chose to do. On page 51 the author explains how to combine your own yarns, if you wish to use yarns you have readily available (or de-stash your stash) instead or buying the yarns she has listed in the book. I used yarns from my own stash. I used a cotton Tahini and Cha-Cha yarns.


No comments: