Sunday, May 22, 2011

Knitting Corner: Amber's Dolly

I knit the cute Fairy Doll on pages 24 to 27 of "KNITTED TOYS" by Zoe Mellor for my Grand-daughter's second birthday. I made my own changes though. I didn't make the doll a fairy as my grand-daughter is a bit hard on some of her toys therefore I opted for No Wings. I also did Not use as many stripes in the project. However, it turned out great. The directions for knitting are very easy and straight-forward. I was a little bit confused as to why she did not have the arms knitted unto the project, like the legs, to where they also could be stuffed as one with the doll. It still turned out fine. I found she posed nicely even. When my grand-daughter received her she was very happy as I did her in shades of "Purple" her favorite color. I did change the way I put on the hair though. I used a crochet hook and hooked it under the yarn on the skull. That way my grand-daughter would not be able to pull the hair out so easily. I know how 2 yr. olds are. We have 14 grand-children--10 girls and 4 boys. Our grand-children range from the eldest of 20 yrs. (girl) to the youngest of 2 yrs. (girl) and a 15th on the way (girl).

No comments: