Saturday, May 7, 2011

An Alternative Way to Rid Yourself of Ants/Roaches

Use rubbing alcohol to get rid of those pesky ants and/or roaches. It is safer and cheaper on the pocket-book. Not to mention a lot safer around your children and pets than the poisons they sell on the market.
Put the rubbing alcohol, straight (undiluted) into a spray bottle and squirt it along your counters and other areas where you have seen ants and roaches. Do NOT rinse it! The insects will become dehydrated when they walk through it which will cause them to die. You can also spray the roaches directly with it--as they take a bit more at times.
This is a much safer alternative and cheaper too compared to all the insecticides you will find out on the market. If you are like me, times are tough and I live on a budget--especially these days. So if I can find an inexpensive, yet effective way to do something, I will do it. It is even better if it doesn't mean a lot of chemicals involved since I am hyper-sensitive to chemicals and my husband has asthma. Hope this is helpful to somebody else. Thought I'd pass this tip along as someone passed it on to me.

No comments: