Saturday, December 29, 2018

My dry socket has healed

My dry socket took a week to quit hurting so horribly. I found the salt water rinse or the hydrogen peroxide rinse after brushing, after I ate each time, seemed to help. I also bought a new toothbrush, motrin and some sensitive toothpaste which is when the pain began to be bearable.

It seemed to take so long to heal and trying all sorts of things to even get it to stop hurt so much at night. In the beginning I couldn't sleep unless I had a heating pad on it for at least 30 minutes.

My face all the up to my eye socket has now become better. However, if I do chew on that side of my mouth sometimes it will hurt. So I basically am now learning to chew on the opposite side as my primary.

I also learned one needs to get another toothbrush every 3 months. I was doing it every 6 months and now think that contributed to my infection at the start.

Thanks to all of you who have followed me through this painful journey. I also updated on the original post as I was going through this so you may check it out.

No comments: