Friday, December 21, 2018

Dry Socket

I had a tooth extracted in pieces since it split down the center and small pieces were coming out as I ate. There was the one side that didn't loose any pieces of the tooth so it was higher on the outside then the inside. Pain has been persistent and it has now been a week.





Update on 12/27/2018= below

Dentist is out of town but nurse told me, after she spoke with him, that it sounds like dry socket. Holy moly it is worse then the days following the procedure. Today makes day 8 but the pain got so much worse last night on day 7. I tried ice and a heating pad, aspirin, orajel, another type of oral toothache remedy, I even rubbed my gums and the socket with whiskey. Alas, nothing worked as it woke me up at 1 a.m. this morning not allowing me to go back to sleep until 4 a.m. Dentist said get some Motrin, Alleve is the same and you use less pills so I got there.

No matter what I eat, cold or hot or soft food it begins hurting all over again. I must drink my water warm not cold nor hot. Same with taking my medications. And the pain radiates all the way up the side of my face into my eye socket too.

So I have almost given up. I came up with an idea for a poultice so I made it and have it in my mouth now. I am using Kratom mixed with whiskey into a paste and put it into the socket and gauze on top of that. Right now it is working but it's only been about an hour. Hope and pray it does let me sleep better tonight.

Whether it works or not I will update this tomorrow.


Update: The poultice helped relieve the pain for about an hour. When I tried putting on another poultice it hurt too bad to keep it on. Bummer.

Today I am going to try some Hydrogen Peroxide to rinse my mouth in case there could be some infection. I will do this after eating and brushing my teeth each time. Let's see if this trial is a good one.

Update 12/23/2018:
The hydrogen peroxide has helped after eating but it only lasts for a few hours. Which is better then being in pain all day. However, when I eat, even soft or liquids, I have the intense pain and have to treat it with all the above items I listed on day one. This is not going to be a great Christmas dinner. Actually today we are having a Holiday Dinner since my Uncle doesn't celebrate on actual Christmas.

Finally, today the 24th of December 2018 my pain has been less frequent and less pain. Glad I got a break from it today.

Update on 12/27/2018: Got some Motrin and have been using it with the oragel and being careful to eat on opposite side. Even though I eat on opposite side I still feel pain when I eat and for awhile afterwards. The pain right now is lessening.

No comments: