Saturday, April 14, 2018

Would you feel safe in a car that drives you by computer?

We have seen many inventions along the years. Many failures and massive things that have come to fruition. When I sat in class in the early 1970's, Junior High, they showed us a film that portrayed cars flying and homes popping out meals and diagnosing your illnesses. They said it would be here by year 2000. The only thing I saw that came close to it in my years, by the year 2000, was the cartoon "The Jetsons".

The year 2000 never hit the mark actually many thought that was the year that the Earth would end. Again, nothing.

However, in the car industry we have seen some advancements. Such as the air bags, auto park, auto stop, Bluetooth connectivity. With Bluetooth connectivity different manufacturers have multiple uses for it.  GM Chevrolet allows you to start your car through your smart phone. We have back up cameras and night vision in some models from Mercedes-Benz, Cadillac, Audi and BMW. We also have Hybrids and Electric cars. Also, they can track your car to it's precise place that's the so called gem of the computer age and cars. That way if you are in an accident you can be found or if someones been abducted. It's great in those situations. But are there situations where you feel like you are being watched? Tell me your thoughts.

Now on the horizon they are experimenting with cars that will drive you by computer. No more people driving you. That would let you do work etc. It would also keep people who have had one to many from getting behind the wheel. But would you feel safe? I have no problem with the safety features. I just wonder what would happen if still the car had an accident because somebody hacked a mainframe. Will there be a backup to correct this? Hackers are out there and just to see if it can be done I would bet one would try it. Right now I hate riding in the back of the car as I get motion sickness. A driver-less car? Well I know that our society must go forward and advance as we try to outdo the other countries of this world. But as for me I want some type of way out if I see an accident on the verge.

What's your thoughts and opinions?


No comments: