Sunday, June 3, 2018

My Grandaughter Graduates. Part 2

After being picked up in Savannah, please see previous post "Shooting in Alanta". by my Daughter and her Husband.  I was so looking forward to spending time with my Daughter and her family as it has been at least 8 years.

What a wonderful party, the day before graduation, my Granddaughter received. Her parents went all out. All they needed was to have a band. She is their first born and already has a Scholarship. She is the first one to graduate in 32 years in our family. I graduated 40 yrs ago but never walked across the stage, life happens, but I still have my graduation certificate. While in the last 32 yrs most of the remaining family have gone on for GED's. I suppose that's the quickest and easiest way to go. However, I loved school and so does my Granddaughter.

Graduation:
Since I can't stand long nor walk up and down the bleachers I sat in a folding chair. I tried to get a few good pictures. This is the one I got during the ceremony:

And then this one my daughter got afterwards:

I am so thrilled that my Granddaughter got high honors, which is printed on her diploma, and a Scholarship to start her out.

I wish to thank anyone who has been following this journey of me bussing it to FL for this Graduation. It was all worth it, even sleeping 12 hours on the terminal floor, during a long layover each way.

No comments: