Thursday, March 29, 2018

A Month of Salads Buying just from day 1

On the first of this month I bought all salad fixings for the entire month. You're nodding and thinking pretty dumb----huh? cause it won't last-- it will wit brown or go bad. Well in most cases yes it would. Today I ate my last crisp salad with grape tomatoes and they were as good as the first day. Know your saying NO Friggin way she's off her rocker for sure. Let 's get the straight jacket and put her away. On the first when I got all my salad fixings, bagged salads, lettuces, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, feta cheese, Bleu cheese, Grilled chicken strips, croutons and 4 different type of vinergaretes. Ok the cheeses, dressings and croutons are classics that won't go bad. I divided up my salads into bags separating them into some small portions for side salad to go with a meat and bigger salads to be a meal. Some I added the tomatoes to others I did not. I seperated all the mushrooms into 4 seperate bags alone, as I could still reseal the bags as the bags go I had 2 bags of tomatoes, I did the chicken stips the same as I did the mushrooms ending up with 6 bags. All these bags were sealed up by my Seal A Meal. The only thing that I have to say is if I'm going to go with the mushrooms again I will have to use them before the 3rd wk--as that is when they got slimy - that is one reason I seperated some items out. So from the 1st of March to the 29th of March I ate fresh salads. There were a few days I did not eat salad but I'd guess I ate 22 salads and each of them as fresh as the first. So if you are a salad lover but don't want to go to the store every 3 days this is a great way to do it or if you are dieting too.

No comments: