Thursday, July 3, 2008

Update on Nerve Block/Trigger Point Injections:

Well, I would generally say it worked like a charm. However, the trigger point injection didn't seem to work so well. That kink in my neck only got worse. So bad that my cervical neck bones were in so much pain. Also, my entire right side of my neck, where the trigger point injection went, was swollen and very painful. I went to the Emergency Room thinking I had an infection or something like that going on. They made me comfortable with pain and anti-inflammatory medications then told me I must now do physical therapy to help recover.

As far as the Nerve Block injection I would say it has made about a sixty to seventy percent decrease in my neck pain. However, it hasn't done anything for the rest of the muscle pains in the other parts of my body. The doctor told me it wouldn't though. Therefore, the doctors still have no clue as to what I have yet.

No comments: